Saturday, December 22, 2007

Thing #19 Netvibes



For my Web 2.0 Awards selection I am revisiting Netvibes a service that allows you to have all of your web "stuff" in one place. Right now I use iGoogle because of the convenience of having Google Reader and Gmail all in the same place. Right now I'm investigating whether it is worth it to move all of my activity to Netvibes and if my life will be any easier. So far I can't tell. I can't find out how to integrate Google Reader into Netvibes which would automatically keep me away since all of my RSS Feeds are there. I do not want to even consider moving all of that stuff.

The nice thing about Netvibes or Google Reader is that the web becomes a friendlier place where I can have a homepage that has enough content and features to keep me on the page. Less mouse clicks and keystrokes and the same amount of information makes me happy. And staves off the inevitable wrist pains that come with so much computer time. I look forward to the day when I can get the information I need off of the internet using voice commands. Surely that day cannot be too far away?

1 comment:

Diane Wetterlin said...

I have to agree - I've looked at NetVibes, set up an account and played with it some, but Google makes it so easy! Especially since the reader can be on my iGoogle homepage (and I much prefer Google Reader to Bloglines)!

I really should go back and really investigate Netvibes more - but I guess I'm basically lazy!!

Have a wonderful holiday and I'm looking forward to fantastic pictures in the very near future!