Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thing #14 RA Wiki



I am on the Reader's Advisory Team and was glad to assemble the bare bones of the RA wiki. I looked around to find a wiki host and though I would have loved to try out Mediawiki (which hosts Wikipedia) server space is required and most importantly the knowledge to put said wiki on the server. If I knew how to do that I would be working for the IT department. So Wikispaces just because I had never used it before and you can easily change the look and feel. I must have been feeling the coming fall when I picked the colors. Any votes for an alternate hue?

I love that so many people will be adding content to the wiki over the coming weeks. Truly a wiki is only as good as the people that take the time to add content and organize sections. (I'm not forgetting that the recent additions are mandated) If you would like to have behind the scenes access to this wiki you can either send me an email mbrobert (at) vbgov (dot) com or click on the the link at the top right of the page that says "Join". We'd be happy to have you! I am only one person, if you'd like to see some changes you can engage your wiki prowess and make it beautiful. Or better organized. Or content rich. Your choice.

So I have dutifully added my book to the list, give Henry Miller a try if you are between books and want to romp around 1930's New York and Paris with an intellectual, morally questionable, free-spirited, lovable tour guide. Happy travels!

No comments: