Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thing #17 Deliciously easy



I'm a huge fan of Delicious! Primarily I use this site so that I can bookmark from anywhere and keep my bookmarks all in one place. Adding the tag and delicious buttons to your browser makes it that much easier to save an address for later use. I am finding that tags are absolutely essential in keeping all of the bookmarks well organized and fit for recall. I now put as many tags as I can think of in case I forget where I might have put a site.

Libraries can also benefit greatly from this service. Internally staff could create an easily shared list of websites that provide information about a particular subject. Creating a tag cloud and embedding it into our library website would be a fantastic service to offer patrons interested in browsing a topic of study. Check out San Mateo Public Library's deweyfied version of delicious. I think that we could do this!

I've added a delicious link on my sidebar if you'd like to check out my most recently saved websites. I've never explored the wonderful world of social bookmarking but I am willing to give it a try if you want to add me to your network.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I thought I liked Del.ici.ous and was excited to make my own list of websites. I thought that this would be great since we change computers here so often and cant make a favorites list that is universal. But, after looking back I havn't used what I created at all and I never think to open it when I get on the desk. Oh well. It has potential I guess.

Also, you have the prettiest blog I have seen so far.