Monday, January 14, 2008

Thing # 24 Podcasts



I created a podcast for class last semester and found it easy to blend voice, music and sound effects. Unfortunately I do not have the podcast with me here at work but may add it at a later date. I have recently been attracted to podcasts after being surprised at Christmas with an iPod. Using iTunes I can subscribe to various podcasts and upload them to the iPod for later listening pleasure. I love the directory at NPR and would recommend The Book Tour or Live Concerts if you find yourself with some listening time.

Browsing around iTunes I have alsoound free vodcasts from National Geographic that offer soothing scenery with melodic music. Entertainment on demand may be the next consumer revolution.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Your site is very calming, unlike my brain when I am making a move in our scrabble games.
I haven't created a podcast of my own but on a couple occasions I have debated it. There are so many great podcasts on iTunes I love it, especially all the book and writer related ones.

-Susan

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your commentary on the different discovery exercises.The pictures you added to your blog are beautiful.