Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Thing #3 - Registration for Learning 2.0 @ the beach

Perhaps the easiest of all "things", I have duly registered to take part in VBPL's Learning 2.0 extravaganza. Now that it is done what else should we talk about? I'd hate to leave a perfectly good blog post with only a few lines.

Ah-ha- I've got it. For those of you that know me you are aware that I am in graduate school at FSU a little over half way done with my MLS (though I believe it has a different name at my school). Anyways I spend a lot of time outside of the forty hour workweek reading for class and working on assignments. I also have plenty of work around the house with a bathroom in the middle of remodeling and basic upkeep duties. Time is a commodity. So for fun this month I am going to try and squeeze a little more out of every hour by participating in National Novel Writing Month. The premise is this: you have the month of November to write 50,000 words of a novel, novella, what-have-you in order to be a "winner" by the end of the month. Think I can do it? Want to join the fun? Haven't you ever wanted a hastily written novel all your own?

No comments: